Thursday, May 8, 2008

Grace Katherine's AR Trip

Hello friends I am really playing catch up these days as I have been so busy with the kids, ball , my mom, and all the stuff in between. I have been wanting to tell you about Sis and her AR trip because it was so much fun. Rob and I both meet her at a local park in our town. They earned it if they meet the needed points for reading and had a certain average. Our Grace is a big reader and loves books so much !!! So here we go to the playground and they all were playing on the playground, then they moved over to the other side and were playing games. It was a pretty day with fun to be had.

So when we got over to the other side they were cooking or had been cooking for some time but there were problems.... they had lost about 30 hot dogs on the ground!!!!

Then, they could not get the charcoal to burn so it was not getting hot...... by this time it was getting really late like 12:45 and you know how the younger kids eat about10:00 so we are getting some hungry kids by now.

So I begin to think and that is not safe thing for me (HA!) and I call a friend that lives really close to the park and I asked can I bring over about 80 hot dogs to boil?? and on the other end there is a moment of silence and then .....

Yes, sure go ahead so Rob and I grab the dogs and off we go to get the cooking going!!!!
I had not seen this friend in some time and it was so funny the way we saw each other and I was very thankful for her support!!!

So here is to you Jennifer---- You earn the award for "Queen of the Hot Dogs and Helper of the Day.
Thank you for your kitchen and for your help!!!! here are some pictures of the event!! ENJOY!!!!!






No comments: